Changes happening at the ReStore!
Changes both big and small are happening every day at our ReStores!
If you’re already a frequent shopper at our ReStore locations in Casselberry and Sanford, then you know that things are changing for us with each flip of the daily calendar! Not only do we have new donations rolling in every day of the week, but we’re consistently busy making changes to grow and improve, especially when it comes to our customer experience.
If you haven’t been by in a while, consider this an open invite! In the past 6 months, there’s a lot of things we’ve changed with you in mind:
- Established bi-weekly markdown system on appliances, furniture and cabinets – getting you great deals faster!
- Introduced brand new refund policy; any item can be returned within 14 days of purchase with receipt – helping you shop with confidence!
- Extended hold time for purchased items from 24 to 48 hours – giving you more time to plan!
- Increased efforts on our free donation pickup service – bringing you more new stuff every day!
We’ve also got some new faces on our squad, both in staff and volunteer positions. One of the things we have really prioritized is friendly one-on-one customer service; we truly love the work we do for Habitat for Humanity and we want you to feel the love too! You may have noticed some big changes in our store layouts as well – we’ve had some incredible volunteer groups assisting us in making the shopping experience a fun and easy one:
- Sanford has a newly expanded door section – sorted and labeled for your convenience!
- BONUS: A new design on our cabinet department – putting all the uppers, lowers, and vanities in one convenient area.
- Casselberry has 5 newly established vignette spaces – cool room-like spaces where our merchandising crew can flex their creative muscles and show off how to design on a dime!
- BONUS: A new “deep discount” area where you can find the best deals at rock-bottom prices!
You didn’t think we were stopping there, did you? In addition to putting the finishing touches on our new store layouts, we’ve got some fun plans in the works, and you, dear reader, are getting the scoop before anyone else! Here’s what we’ve got coming oh-so-soon:
- Frequent Shopper Cards for you big-time ReStore fans – Deals on deals on deals!
- Standardized Weekly Calendar of Sales – When is the best day to stop in? All of them! But this should help narrow it down.
- ReStore DIY Club – Finally! A place to showcase all the awesome things you make with what you’re finding at your favorite local thrift spots!
As you can tell, both of our ReStore locations are in an exciting time of growth and change, but we can’t do it without you! And while we’re all about the fun around these parts, at the end of the day, we’re working hard to help families and neighbors throughout the Seminole County and Greater Apopka area. Every donation we receive comes from folks in our area and every dollar we make goes back into those same communities in the form of safe, decent and affordable housing. If you like good times, great deals and making a difference, there’s always a place for you with Habitat for Humanity. Here’s the big three ways you can help on the ReStore end:
- SHOP: Both of our locations carry a good mix of furniture, appliances, cabinets, lighting and more! Our Sanford and Casselberry locations are open Tuesday-Saturday, 10am-6pm. For even more hard-goods items (doors, windows, tools, etc.), check out the Sanford store here. For an even larger selection of more soft-goods items (furniture, home décor, framed artwork, etc.), check out the Casselberry store here.
- DONATE: Feel free to drop off at either location between 10am-5:30pm; if you’ve got larger items, give us a ring at our donation hotline to schedule a FREE pickup! Details on items we accept and donation hotline information can be found here.
- VOLUNTEER: You don’t have to lift a hammer to help us build! We’re always looking for fun, friendly folks to assist throughout the store, whether it’s processing, pricing, and merchandising donations, testing items and making small repairs, or assisting our awesome customers on the sales floor. For more information on how to join your local Habitat team, click here.