Do I Qualify To Be An Intern At habitat for humanity?
- Do you love connecting with people and building relationships?
- Do you have a strong work ethic and a positive attitude?
- Do you have excellent communication skills?
- Are you organized and pay close attention to details?
- Are you a high school graduate?
- Are you located around the Orlando area?
- If you answered yes to all of the above, then you are definitely the type of person that HFHSA would love to have as an intern!
What Are The Dates Of The Internship?
- Summer 2017
- Fall 2017
- Spring 2018
Application are reviewed on a rolling basis, so we encourage you to get yours in as soon as possible!
What Would My Time Commitment Be?
Our interns work for 15 hours each week and typically come in: Monday, Wednesday, Friday (9 a.m. – 3p.m.), Tues, Thurs, Fri (9 a.m. – 3 p.m.), or Tues, Thurs (8 a.m. – 5 p.m.). If you aren’t available for those times we can work with you to find a schedule that fits.
Who Will My Manager Be?
Each intern position has a designated staff manager that is dedicated to your individual training and development. We pride ourselves on being a team-based organization, and we view our interns as part of our staff! Your input and ideas are always valued and encouraged!
Is This A Paid Internship?
Our internship is a volunteer position. Although there is no monetary compensation, our interns are paid through experience and the opportunity to help build strength, stability, and self-reliance through shelter.
Am I Able To Earn College Credit?
We work with many universities that offer class credit for the internship, however all paperwork and requirements are done through your university.