Willingness to Parter
Families or individuals applying to the Homebuyers Program must be willing to partner with Habitat for Humanity.
Please see below for some keep characteristics of this partnership.
What does it mean to partner with Habitat for Humanity?
- Sweat Equity: Once approved you must complete sweat equity hours.
- 200 hours for a single head of household
- 400 hours for dual head of household
- Homebuyer Education Classes: Once approved you must complete the provided education classes.
- Closing Costs: Habitat homebuyers pay their own closing costs.
- Mortgage Payment: You are responsible for repaying the mortgage loan in a timely manner so that other families can benefit from the Homebuyers Program.
What is Sweat Equity?
Sweat equity is the down payment on a Habitat for Humanity home. This down payment is paid with time. There are many ways that Sweat Equity can be completed:
We can accommodate all abilities; everyone is invited to partner for affordable homeownership!