The Habitat Application process has 4 steps. View the steps below to see what is next!
This is the step you are on now!! Click “yes” at the bottom of this page to receive application instructions.
The application will be emailed to you when you complete the application request. Please print and complete the application and gather the required documents on the application checklist. When you are ready to turn in your application reply to the email to schedule a meeting to turn it in.
After submitting your application multiple verifications will be completed including:
- Income verification
- Rental verification
- Credit Check
- Background Check (if you have any questions or concerns about the background check before submitting your application please reply to the application email with your concerns.)
Once verifications are received, the application will be reviewed by our committee. You will be contacted to have home visit scheduled (can be virtual or in-person) and an interview.
After the committee votes on the status of your application, it will be reviewed and voted on by our board of directors.
What could happen to my application?
There are three things that can happen to your application. Click through to find out more.
If your application is approved you will be invited to sign the Partnership Agreement to join the Habitat Homebuyers Program!
If you are denied at any step in the application process you will receive a denial letter stating the reasons of the denial and tools to fix the problems and reapply.
You may be delected from the program at any time during the process for:
- Fraud on the application or anytime during the process.
- Failure to complete the requirements set forth in the partnership agreement.
- Negative changes in the financial condition that affect your ability to pay. This includes maintaining appropriate debt to income levels and creditworthiness criteria.
- Failure to meet the requirements of either the:
- Sex Offender Policy
- Criminal Background Guidance
Are you ready to receive an application for the Habitat Seminole-Apopka Homebuyers Program?
We are pledged to the letter and spirit of U.S. policy for the achievement of equal housing opportunity throughout the nation. We encourage and support an affirmative advertising and marketing program in which there are no barriers to obtaining housing because of race, color, religion, sex, handicap, familial status, or national origin.