Women Build 2021 may be a little different, but the Women Builders in Seminole County and Apopka are putting their working gloves on and continuing the fight for a better world!
Before we talk about some new fundraising ideas- What is the same this year?! This year we are using the same easy, do-it-yourself fundraising platform as last year. That means that both individual and team Women Builders will create their fundraising pages and be able to raise money with their own customized links. Create your fundraising page here!
Check out some tried and true fundraising ideas:
- Make it personal: Make a list of your circle of influence- close friends, family, co-workers, vendors, customers, sorority sisters, book club, customers, and networking groups- and send them an email requesting support with the link to your fundraising page!
- Social Media: social media posts are a great way to share about your fundraising goals!
- Support from your company: Find out if your employer matches donations, or if your company wants to start a team!
How about some new fundraising ideas for a new world?
- Make a video: Record a video explaining to your community why you support affordable housing!
- Sweat it out: An athletic event of some kind, outside, and 6 feet apart of course.
- Make it virtual: Have a special skill to share virtually? How about a virtual cooking or crafting night? Virtual happy hour with a signature cocktail? We may be socializing at a distance, but we all need an excuse to see a friendly face on the other side of our Zoom Call. give your friends a fun way to give back- together!
- Game Night: Have competitive friends? Make that virtual event a competition! Think trivia, chance to win games, virtual Bingo and more! The theme of International Women’s Day 2021 is #ChoosetoChallenge – so a gaming challenge could be perfect this year!
Try one of these ideas? Have a different fun idea to share? Join and post on our Habitat Seminole-Apopka Women Build Facebook Group to network with other Women Builders.