Build Homes and Futures
Volunteer with Habitat Seminole-Apopka
“Volunteering is the ultimate exercise in democracy. You vote in elections once a year, but when you volunteer, you vote every day about the kind of community you want to live in.”
With the rising cases of COVID-19 in the state of Florida our senior staff and Board of Directors has made the difficult decision to severely limit volunteer activities at this time. We are making this decision so as to not further contribute to the community spread of COVID-19 and for the safety of all volunteers, home buyers, and staff.
Volunteer activity at this time is limited to only:
- Core Crew Volunteers – volunteers with more than 40 hours completed in the last year
- Court Ordered Volunteers– permitted to complete their court-ordered requirements only
- Program Volunteers- permitted to complete their program volunteer hours only
If you are not sure if you are considered one of these volunteers or you would like to be notified when new volunteer opportunities are available again please fill out the below form.
Volunteers make Habitat for Humanity work. Without them, we would not have built hundreds of houses in Seminole County and Apopka and thousands around the world. You don’t need experience to volunteer, just a willingness to get involved, bring your talents and make a difference.
What’s Your Thing?
- Building on a construction site (individual or teams)
- Setting up displays in our retail thrift store
- Working the cash register in our retail thrift store
- Repairing broken stuff (getting items ready for resale)
- Light carpentry and woodwork (repairing donated items)
- Office work
- Serving on a committee
Whatever your unique talent, we need volunteers like you. We can’t do it without you. It’s that simple.
Have a question or want to get your group involved?